Fitting Airbrick on Pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a couple of Airbricks (seperate upstairs Bedrooms) to prevent condensation during the winter months. I have fitted Aircricks before on a normal Brick House but my current house has Pebble dash effect.
I am worried that the Pebbledash may be damaged and crack Etc if not done correctly. Can any of you guys give some advice on the best way to tackle this?

Sponsored Links
Sorry I realised after posting it was in the wrong section I have asked the mods to move it

When it gets to where it belongs, ask the people there to tell you about airtightness, conservation of fuel and power, renovation of thermal elements, Part L....

Could well be that you may not just create holes in your walls.

Sponsored Links
Fitting air bricks in bed rooms went out in the 1950s, they cost a fortune in wasted heat. Keep the heat on in the room so it does not get below 10 degrees C, heating cost will be lower and the room will be warmer. Or open the windows a crack, at least you can close them when the room is unoccupied. And stop generating so much water vapour, by venting the bathroom /kitchen.
Frank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back