fitting condensate pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello i been having quite a lot of problems with our ferroli optimax combi boiler. the engineer who was here last thinks it is because of a long condensate drain pipe which is getting blocked.
he reccomended fitting a condensate pump.
the condenstae pipe drops a couple of metres from the boiler goes under the floorboards then runs for about 5 metres along the outside of the house to the drain.

im not sure whther i should have the new pipe from the condensate pump run all the way along the inside of the existing pipe to the drain or connect it to the existing pipe at some point.

the price of these pumps seems to vary quite a lot from £15 units off ebay to £100+ off other sites. Im also not much of an electrician so is there pumps that i could just fit a plug to and plug it into a wall socket. Could you reccomend me a suitable unit?

Sponsored Links
Try to run the condensate to a drain inside the building if at all possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back