Fitting cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a cooker hood in my new kitchen. The hood I have is the stainless steel kind that is sort of pyramid shaped. It was bought 2nd hand and I don't have the manual or any fittings. There appears to be only 2 spaces for screws to mount on the wall. Will the unit have to be fixed into something solid behind the wall? Or could it be hung from plasterboard?Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the plasterboard is covering a solid wall then drill through into this solid wall and use longer fixings.

If it is only a stud wall ..i.e. no solid wall structure then you will need to see if you can locate parts of the timber frame wiork ....studs or noggins etc, and fix to them. If this is not possible you may have to insert a cross bearer between two of the uprights of the partition wall..and fix the hood to it.....Dont just fix to the plasterboard

Cheers. It's a stud wall, so will have to try and find something solid. I kind of knew i'd need to do this, thought there may have been a way around it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back