Fitting electric shower

Hpd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I'm nearly done fitting my new bathroom and just have an electric shower and some tiling to do. There was an old electric shower taken from the same location so the plumbing is already half completed for me (hot and cold feeds with flexes temporarily blanked off) and also a fused spur to reconnect the new shower to.

My question is.... Can the pipe work be done in PVC and push fit like the hot and cold feed for the bath taps etc? Or does it need to be rigid (I.e copper) ?

Also, it looks fairly straightforward as in running relevant pipe work through the stud work and using some push fit angles supplied with the new shower to make the final connection.

Just wondering if there's anything I've missed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yes you have completely missed something an electric shower does not have a hot supply as you say you have , it sounds more like you have a power shower not the same thing by any means

As it has both hot and cold pipework I assume it is a booster pump and not an electric shower heater. I say this because the electrical rating of a shower heater is eenorrmouse compared to a 'fused spur to connect it to'.

Plastic piping is fine.

All electrical work in a bathroom must be done by a Part P (Building Regs) qualified electrician and must have a test certificate to prove so.

Sponsored Links
Okay sorry yeah my terminology is a bit off. It's the kind of shower that is white, plastic, stuck to the wall and has a power dial and temp dial! Definitely has hot and cold feeds.

I've got a good electrician which I'll either get to check it all or actually do it for me instead.

Thanks for clearing up that pushfit is fine for the job too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back