power shower connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed a power shower trition as2000xt (similar to electric shower) in a friends home which consisted of a hot a cold feed. In the booklet it says not to bring hot feed up over and down but this could not be avoided seeing as its in an old cottage and had other rooms in the way just to bring a feed straight across. He didnt want me chasing floors and walls to bring feed from under.

This shower was a gift last year and it didn't have the push fit connections for inserting into feed outlets with it so I welded up some copper pipe and bends to suit, let cool for awhile then installed to shower which connected to compression fittings. This cottage is miles from anywhere so couldn't go and source the exact push fittings needed. I know its not recommended to use copper fittings near the shower as when soldering/welding, you can destroy the shower with the heat of the blow torch but will these copper fittings be OK in the long term with the amount of heat generated by the shower. I'm wondering should I go back and remove copper and replace with plastic push fittings or am I overthiking things.

Sponsored Links
Don't say don,t go up and over with pipework just states not to be done in certain ways.

Copper straight to shower is ok that's how it's done if the pipework is run external on wall, the pushfits can just make it easier when having concealed pipework.

Sponsored Links
Don't say don,t go up and over with pipework just states not to be done in certain ways.

Copper straight to shower is ok that's how it's done if the pipework is run external on wall, the pushfits can just make it easier when having concealed pipework.

I always use the right connections that come with the shower but this time it couldn't be avoided so I guess I was over thinking things. I had it in my head the heat from shower would make weld soft and open up joint. Yep, like I said, over thinking to much lol. But now I think about it more, sure there's welded joints all over the house and beside copper cylinder.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back