Fitting Isolator Switch between Meter & CU

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do any of you guys know if CE ( YEDL coz I'm in Hull ) will fit Isolator Switches FOC ?

As I mentioned before, a dno guy is coming to my house tomorrow to c/o the old cast cutout & I was wondering if there would be any chance that he will have the time to upgrade the Service Fuse, ( if needed coz it isn't marked on the holder ) fit an isolator switch & provide new Meter Tails from the fuse to replace the crappy old Rubber Cable that's there at present ?

I've been trying to ring them for the last week, to no avail :( I just guessed that they were busy coz of the floods.

I know that when I worked for BT, we had paperwork that we could get the sub to fill-in if they wanted any extra work doing while we were there. I just wondered if the leccy providers used the same system ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It is highly likely that the person will have been allocated 7.5 minutes to complete the job, and will be expected to do 47 of them during the day.

he may have had limited training and only issued with tools and materials to suit his restricted scope.

It is highly likely that the person will have been allocated 7.5 minutes to complete the job, and will be expected to do 47 of them during the day.

he may have had limited training and only issued with tools and materials to suit his restricted scope.

Hmmm, not much chance there then :LOL: I'll post some before and after pictures so you guys can have a laugh at what he's done :eek: ( Hopefully that was a joke :confused: )

Sounds bout right John :D

Mains will be coming to sort your cutout tho Bigzed so they may have more time and an isolator on the van if you ask them nicely ;)

As for the tails between the Cutout and meter they should be upgraded to 25mm anyway as that would be part of the job.

Only going on what my DNO do tho.

Sponsored Links
Sounds bout right John :D

Mains will be coming to sort your cutout tho Bigzed so they may have more time and an isolator on the van if you ask them nicely ;)

As for the tails between the Cutout and meter they should be upgraded to 25mm anyway as that would be part of the job.

Only going on what my DNO do tho.

I had a good result from this visit as can be seen HERE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back