Fitting laminate flooring.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I,m going to have a go at fitting laminate flooring in the living room and was wondering how easy is it to fit...most people say it,s dead easy but some say its a cow to fit..also where is the best place to purchase underlay for the floor and the spacing blocks.
Help would be much appreciated...thanks. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Im in the same situation mate.I'd rather fit it myself instead of paying somebody else to do it. BTW theres a good choice of underlay at F*cus.Cheaper than B*Q too.

I'm no expert and put down a couple in my house now.Finally getting the hang of scribing to the wall etc. :rolleyes:

Have found a handsaw to cut is best but in my experience it wears down the teeth like no tomorrow.

Went for 7tpi saw instead of the finer ones.Think it was that,it's in the garage atm.Might have been 8 though.

Good Luck :)

fitting laminate is as hard or as easy as you want it to be underlay depends on where the floor is to be fitted and the tools required are hand saw jigsaw, I fit it all the time so I have a large sliding mitre saw so half the time and dont have to throw many hand saws away. If you need any more help my no is 0787664359

Sponsored Links
I must agree its very straightforward with the right tools. Get yourself a cheap mitre saw and give it a go !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back