Fitting mosaic wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a border around a bathroom for which I want to fit mosaic tiles. The mosaic tiles are supplied on a sheet with appropriate spaces in between each tile. I have tried to use Wickes waterproof tile adhesive to fit the tiles but the mosaic sheet slips out of position each time. Is there an alternative for an instant adhesion?

Sponsored Links
can you not support them with some thing while the adhesive goes off? say a couple of small nails through the gaps at the top or a bit of masking tape across the tiles onto the wall above

tried the supporting with nails but due to the size weight and number of individual tiles per sheet this method didn't work. I'll give the masking tape a go. Cheers :)

Try using 'Gripfill' tube instead of tile adhesive which is quick drying & stick to anything.You might have to hold the tile for approx 2-3 mins depending the thickness of the adhesive.See this.

Sponsored Links
To stop the tiles slipping down, fix a batten to the wall, ideally a piece of wood as used in door jams, but anything will do but ensure it is straight!

Once you have ensured this is level, you can fit the tiles onto it without worry and remove it once the adhesive has set.

A word of warning, decide what you want to line the tile up with, setting them exactly level may look wrong if the worktop of floor is not level.

Also remember, start from the middle and work outwards this will give you an equal size cut tile on each end that looks much better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back