Fitting new bath taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How difficult is it?

Are those bath tap wrenches -any good and which make do I need.

Not worried about connections really, just concerned about access.

Bath is tight to wall and is quite deep with just about 100mm from wall to edge of bath side (not rim).

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Picture would have made reply a lot easier.

1. If taps are in the middle of a long edge of the bath and tight against the wall - bath out time or break through wall from other side.
2. If taps are at one short end of bath, then:
2a. If good access to underside of bath, remove old hot, remove overflow, remove old cold. Fit new in reverse order. (Nb. Assumes hot nearest non-wall edge of bath).
2b. If access is poor you need good luck and patience, or a good plumber.

Tool requirements depend on access and the type of taps. Crows foot wrench if reasonable amount of room. Adjustable basin wrench if it will fit. Armeg "jaw dropper" for very tight situations. There is another type but I forget the name and have never used it. If monobloc tap monobloc spanners usually essential.

Hi Old buffer, many thanks for advice.

Yes, I shouldve made clear -taps are at one short end of bath. Seperate hot n cold with overflow inbetween as you described.

Armeg jaw dropper looks like it could be the tool for the job, Ill take the bath panel off and see what access is like -impressions from above arent favourable!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back