Fitting new bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have small bathroom which we going to refurbish. We got a quote for £1500 for fitting and tailing everything - which we are happy with. The only thing is our bathroom fitter insist of getting all the supply himself - bath, sink, toilet, towel rail, bath screen, all the taps, sink and toilet cupboard from howdens which come to £1500 as well. Where do I stand with the warranties of the product? My husband is very happy to go with it but i like to buy and choose things myself. I just would like to know what do you think?? I dont want to overpay for materials.

He did give me a list of the supplies:
- roca bath, sink plus toilet
- howdens sink and toilet pan
- Bristan bath and sink taps
- towel rail and bath screen unknown
- Triton shower
- bath panels

Sponsored Links
google is your friend, price up what he has said you are getting... roca is very common gear plenty on internet sellers.

seems strange I never supply bathroom gear as what I like wont be what the customer wants. I usually give a labour price including pipe traps fittings sundries etc and let them choose the chinawear.

Sponsored Links
I don't mind customers getting there own suites but I would want to know what they have chosen up front, and limit it to just those major parts.

The problem is there is loads of rubbish out there and the cost to fit rubbish and deal with the problems it presents makes a mockery of the price difference. e.g. cheap rubbish can cost more to work with than the saving on decent materials.

Also if you buy your own materials there should be no warranty from the installer for the material you buy, so expect to pay for remedial work where the materials are at fault.

I have one now where the bath pop up waste mechanism itself leaks where the linkages enter the waste body (a cheap unit supplied by the customer). So who pays to remove the bath to replace it! (Not otherwise accessible due to customers layout.) - At least it was tested before sealing the bath and found to be OK at that time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back