Fitting new bell box to existing alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to fit a new bell box/strobe to my existing alarm and thought this would be quite straightforward having been told bell boxes are interchangeable between all alarm systems. I have bought a new basic bell box but have noticed that the connections are a bit different!

The old Accenta 6 alarm bell box just had a 6 core cable going to it with two cables with 2 for the power, 2 for the strobe, 1 for the tamper and 1 for the trigger.

The new bell box only appears to have five empty terminals, which are 2 for the power, (fine), then 1 each for bell, tamper and strobe. There are also two 'Microswitch' terminals which already have the microswitch wires in place.

Could anyone advise how I could connect the new box to my existing system based on the info provided. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Which alarm panel are you using and what new bell box have you bought?

Sorry for the delay replying.

The alarm panel is an Accenta 6 and the new bell box I have bought is a Texecom Odyssey 1/1E.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back