Fitting new internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just bought 8 new panelled pine doors and need ta fit the furniture and have them hung.

How difficult is it to fit the furniture (handles etc) and how difficult to hang the new doors??

Some people have told me to pay someone to do it but how kuch would that cost me??
Would prefer to do it myself providing it;s not too difficult.

Any tips, pointers... hell, even some actual physical help would be greatly appreciated! ;)

Sponsored Links
See this and click onto Diy projects for "Hanging a door", if you're still not sure get back to us.

Thanks very much for that guys. That will certainly help.

Seem to be pretty well clued up now (in theory at least) on teh catual "hanging" of the doors. What I'm in the dark about, though, is the fitting of the door 'furniture', like the handles and mechanism etc.

Can;t seemt of ind any info on this at all.

Can anyone help?

To be honest, I reckon they'll look pretty sweet without the handles anyway! Like the doors of the future, where handles are obsolete and hang themselves!
Missus doesn't approve though so if you can offer any tips tehn that would be sound. ;)

Sponsored Links
bang a six inch nail in each side for handles job done!
Seriously what sort of furniture and locks are you fitting?

Thermo said:
A six inch brass nail :LOL:

Thermo said:

I suppose they're just your bog standard 'lever' internal door handles (chrome if it matters). No locking mechanism just the handles either side.

Don't want those ball mechanism things.

I have a router at homes (still boxed! Been in the shed for four years) would you use that or would you just chisel it out.

I'm a bit of a novice but I'm quite "handy" ;)

Click here
On the left click onto "Diy projects" > "Hanging a door" > then right down the bottom of the page, click onto "Mortice latch and handles"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back