fitting scotia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have chosen a walnut scotia to closely match my laminate flooring.
I'm looking for the best method to fit the scotia?
I have tried nailing with my tacwise duo 35 but this seems to chip and sometimes split the scotia leaving a poor finish.
I havent considered glueing or similar purely because I would like a more permanent fixing.

Any other tried and proven methods that will help me get a more professional finish?

Thanks Paul

Sponsored Links
Maybe practice using your nailer but anyway, nothing wrong with gluing except if its dislodged.

Why not try pilot drill the scotia pre-fixing, and then pin it on to the skirting & sink with a nail set/punch. Fill the holes with a matching color stick.

Firstly that gun is a combined nailer and stapler and combi guns ALWAYS have a much larger drive pin that single-function nailers, so it's probably going to leave a ruddy great mark whatever you do. I use an 18 gauge nailer, but I still expect to have to fill some of the (small) holes with coloured wax. Alternatively there are 22 or 23 gauge pinners around (mostly pneumatic, except for one Makita 18 volt cordess jobbie) which drive an almost invisible headless pin. The pneumatic guns require a compressor, but it may prove possible to hire an outfit, I don't know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back