Fitting Shower Pump how long will it take

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well just replaced manual mixer on a new house we just moved as the old one was completely knackered.

Anyway after installing new mixer we realised flow is not sufficient to enjoy a nice shower.

I have an immersion heater in airing cupboard next to bathroom and cold water tank in the loft.

How long do you think it would take to fit a shower pump? 1/2 day?

Also does anyone know of a good way to reduce noise on shower pump? I have head of people boxing them in with insulation etc? But i though you need sufficient air to cool the electric motors?

Thank you all in advance for your responses.

Sponsored Links
not as easy as just fitting pump. u may need a bigger storage of water in loft. also need new fitting off cylinder.also need to supply cold from storage tank aswell, therefore having a balanced pressure at shower.

It depends on how fast you can work and the difficulties you find.

If you are a DIY you should allow a whole day ( at least ! ).

A professional might allow 3-5 hours ( and still take longer )

Tony

adrian_uk17 said:
Also does anyone know of a good way to reduce noise on shower pump? I have head of people boxing them in with insulation etc? But i though you need sufficient air to cool the electric motors..........You DO

Thank you all in advance for your responses.
put it on a 300mm square paving slab :idea:

Sponsored Links
Storage tank is definitely big enough in my opinion.

I still dont understand why you need to take a new line off of the hot water tank? One of those essex or york valve things? What do they actually do?>

They help stop the pump drawing air down the vent pipe or water back up a pipe from another tap.
Wouldn't dream of allowing less than a day for a job like that. Plumbing jobs often take longer than expected, rarely less.

Thanks for the info chris, i will allow a day and a half, although if i start early i.e. 7am should have it done by the evening?

If it was me doing it, I'd take months (!) do you have the right sort or wife who brings you mugs of tea and praises you on your hard work and ingenuity?

Judging by my own bathroom ...I won't answer.
You might be as quick as a plumber, until you hit a problem. Then you stop and don't know what to do. Hours pass.
Plumber has seen it before so goes round it and carries on. It's what I saw described as "unconscious competence".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back