Fitting Square Edge Skirting

Sponsored Links
All I can say is that you'll have fun scribing them (time for a router jig?). Whatever you do don't mitre the inside corners, though........

At times I wonder about some of the people who design this stuff - if they had to fit it their designs might be a bit more sympathetic to the installer

Skirtings like that are good dust collectors.

Skirtings like that are good dust collectors.
You are spot on. I fitted loads of them (only a single groove, though) on a refurbed office suite a few years ago. Last year I was back there doing alterations. The grooves were absolutely full of dust and fluff

Sponsored Links
All I can say is that you'll have fun scribing them (time for a router jig?). Whatever you do don't mitre the inside corners, though........

Should be easy enough to scribe and cut with a tenon saw and chisel, surely? Less scope for error than with some of the more fluid profiles.

Cheers
Richard

Thanks guys.

In either instance (router or by hand) how much of a recess would you recommend I take on say a 20 mill board?

Sorry, yes should have stated this is for my own living room. Time isn't an issue, just looking to achieve the best finish.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back