Fitting / Tiling a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
We are getting a new bathroom fiited shortly and have got a plumber to install the bathroom for £200, which is all fine and dandy.

But, I will need to do the tiling myself. I have read lots of tips about tiling like stating on the wall directly infornt of you when you enter the bathroom and also begin tiling in the middle of the wall and work outwards.

However, when do you start the tiling? Do you firstly remove the old bath, toilet & sink then remove the old tiles, re-tile and then fit the new bathroom? Or do you fit the new bathroom first and then tile around the bath/sink/toilet?

Is there any perticular order?

Thanks

Cpt_Damage

Sponsored Links
remove everything and re-plaster. keep the old toilet for possible temporary re-use.
fit the bath and silicone seal to the plaster once dry. don't forget to allow for bath panel clearance.

offer in the new ware and complete any alterations that need doing to the waste and feed pipes, allowing for any floor covering. put isolators on the feed pipes and remove the ware.

tile the walls and apply floor covering if applicable.

double seal the bath to the wall tiles and re-fix suite.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back