FITTING UPVC FRENCH DOORS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WHEN FITTING THE 'CILL' I BED IT ONTO MORTAR THEN USE FIXINGS TO SECURE IT IN PLACE. ONTO THE FRAME DO I SECURE THE FRAME TO THE 'CILL' USING SELF TAPPERS?? OR WILL THIS DAMAGE THE SEAL OF THE WINDOW FRAME??

ARE THERE ANY TIP/TRICKS FOR EASE OF FITTING?? ITS A BIG DOOR
W 2.3M X H 2.4

THANKS

Sponsored Links
some fitters place the sill into it's final location, lower the frame onto the sill and screw through the frame into the sill.

we fit the sill to the frame first and screw through sill into the frame. this way you can apply a bead of silicone sealant along the length of the sill providing a seal, preventing the dreaded whistling and reeding, that can occur. the silicon bead needs to be applied near to the inside edge of the frame profile so that the sealant does not interfere with the drain holes in the frame.

make sure the screws aren't too long. align and pilot the sill first prior to applying any sealant.

Thanks noseall, i think i will fit the frame to the cill as you said fixing it from the cill to the frame. Then use fischers fixing to secure the frame vertically.

great advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back