Fix batton to plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have dot and dabbed a wall with plasterboard.

What is the best way to fix a batton onto the plasterboard to start tiling the wall without causing damage to the board

All tiling instructions assume you have solid walls or the plasterboard is mounted onto battons. Maybe I need a tile setter.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Wall plugs and screws!
If you know were you have dabbed, you can use them areas for more secure point of fixing.
You are also going to have the plug holes to cover up, but I assume this will be tiled over anyway!

From personal experience drywall screws will hold the batten to the wall firm enough for the job but yes you will be left with holes where the screws entered .. does it actually matter though? Once the adhesive and tiles goes on it really won't matter about any holes in the plasterboard. If you're worried about moisture well don't, because it shouldn't be getting through the grout and behind the tile anyway.

You could use a tile tracker system which is sold in screwfix which I've been wanting to buy, but none of the walls I've tiled yet have been long enough to be able to use the system - you need fairly long wall runs to make best use of it and it's quite expensive.

All the walls I've battened I've used a laser level set up central to the room and then just screwed these to the wall .. I don't worry about making a few holes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back