*FIXED* - BEKO CDA 648 FS 'just' not cold enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
UPDATE, even though no one replied :(

took back off inside of freezer unit, components completely covered in ice. basically defrosted it (even though it's a 'frost free' unit) and slapped inside panel back on. so far (touch wood) it's had the desired effect, freezer now sitting within optimum range. it's early days though, i won't be surprised if freezer components are slowly getting covered in ice again, after which i might see temps rise but even if i only need to defrost it 2-3 times a year it saves me buying a new one :)

hi

i have the above make/model of fridge freezer, was left by previous owners of house but don't think it's that old. the fridge seems to be working fine but the freezer isn't getting cold enough. it's a single control in the fridge i.e. not dual thermostat or whatever the phrase is, and if i turn it right up to 5 the freezer almost gets to the optimum range of anywhere below 0 fahrenheit but not quite, settles at around 2-4 degrees so in the 'freezing' range but not quite frozen. the downside is the fridge is then too cold and the motor is almost always on. i've turned dial down to 4 to avoid this and freezer now sitting at around 4-6 degrees.

i don't see anything physically wrong with the unit, pulled it out and looked at back as well. as it's not very old, do you reckon i should get someone to come out and have a look i.e. is it likely to be something relatively cheap to fix? summary, fridge working fine, freezer 95% of the way to completely freezing food but just not managing the last 5% of temp drop!

any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back