Fixing a Stone Resin Tray to Plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Whats the best way to fix a stone resin tray to ply?

I have a Kudos 760 sq shower tray to be fixed onto ply. Instructions say silicon, mortar mix or tile adhesive.

I have searched and it seems there is a mix of advise so wondered if anyone had any comments?

Can understand the reasoning in silicon but then hard to get a decent thickness to beads that will actually do anything when weight of tray is pushing ontop. Plus any flexibility in tray - could this then lead to cracks?

In which case is a thick mix of sand/cement then better? Is this ok to put directly onto WBP ply?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Use some flexi rapid set adhesive or gripfill then seal round will silicone,it won't move ;)

Would Mapei Keraquick or Keraflex be ok then?

I am not sure Keraflex will be able to do the thickness required (instructions say 5mm min).

I presume it would be better to use flexible rather than non flex adhesive?

Should be ok,def flexi,mix up a slightly stiffer mix and use a bucket trowel to apply,then fit the tray and tap down into position.

Sponsored Links
Keriquick says its flexible (S1 I think?) according to the Mapei site. Also says that can add Latex Plus to make it S2 flexible - whatever that means?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back