fixing bath panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, just recently re doing bathroom out, ive hit a brick wall lol. We are about to fit the bath panel to the bath but no instructions. The bath we have is an L shape with wooden panels.

The top panel is the same shape as bath then all the other panels fit to this. However, before doing this i need ideas how to fit it to the actual bath, there is a piece of timber running alongside the underneath of the bath where the panel should be fitted.

the bath is this one but only a right handed version

http://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/med...left-dark-walnut-sqtr900-qfl0006-qnw531_3.jpg

If anyones fitted anything like this before and could give me some pointers that be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Quite a lot of bath panels are designed/supplied like this, where you have to actually make it up a bit as you go along instead of coming with everything you need.
Sometimes the top of the panel will have a lip that goes up under the edge of the bath. In this instance you can just fix a batten along the floor to screw to as the top is held in place by the lip.
If not, you may need to build a framework, i'd probably just use 2x1. Screw a batten to the timber running along the underside of the bath, setting it back the thickness of the bath panel if you want it to finish flush. Use a spirit level to plumb down the wall and fix battens there then another along the floor (dont screw through any pipes..). Then fill it up with vertical battens, keeping them about 300mm apart.
When you screw the panel to the frame work use caps like these http://www.screwfix.com/prods/61091/Screws/Screw-Cups-Caps/Snap-Caps-6-8-Gauge-Brown-Pack-of-100

That panel looks like it should have as few visible fixings as possible though it's a bit lame if they don't supply a fixing kit that minimises the number of screws you can see.

If it was me, I'd probably fix the panels together screwing battens on from the back and build the frame work so these battens aren't in the way. A bit like a pipe boxing

Hi thanks for the advice very useful. Im goin to attempt to fit it today. Its come with screws to hold the panel together but nothing to attach it to bath but ill use wood etc like you said. Cheers buddy much appreciated

Sponsored Links
you will need to screw fix batons to the floor 11/2"x11/2" min(vertical to the inside lip of bath) cut similar batons to fit inside the upper lip of bath, measure and cut batons (minimum 4) to fit between the horizontals.
drill pilot holes,and fix panel to frame using screwcaps
N.B. cut panel width slightly oversize (vertical) to allow panels to fit in between lip and wooden frame

If not, he will be pretty dirty after a year.

Edit-- NB mods removed a message ressurecting thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back