Fixing hooks to a door.

ABN

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure whether this or the Working Forum is best for this query. Tossed a coin and it ended here :)

Got some single fixing point hooks that I want to fix to a bathroom door. The method as supplied is a single screw comprising 15mm wood thread then the remainder in the metric equivalent of 2BA which the hook and pretty part screw onto.

Problem is, it’s a solid panelled door and I want to fix the hooks onto the panel which at best guess is a max of 12mm thick.

I have a 3mm thick steel bracket left over from putting up some curtain rails. This I could cut into 12mm squares and drill an tap 2 BA in the centre. Rebate those into the door then use some 2BA studding to attach the hook part.
If I go down this route I would have to glue the “nut” into the rebate, since the glue would then be the only thing giving the job any strength what would the best glue to use be?

Or can you think of a much simpler way to do the job?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back