Fixing Lead Flashing in Place

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am building a block garage against my house. (The block wall will be plastered to match house) Where the garage roof (Tiles) joins with the house wall I am going to use Lead Flashing. How deep should the house wall be chased to take the flashing? and is the flashing fixed into the chasing with ordinary mortar?
Thanks
Zaplutus

Sponsored Links
How deep should the house wall be chased to take the flashing? and is the flashing fixed into the chasing with ordinary mortar?
Thanks
Zaplutus

25-30mm deep chase.

secure with lead wedges fist. then either point with sand/cement mortar or run a bead of 'leadmate' sealant along the joint.

it will need to be bone dry and dust free for the leadmate but the wetter the better for the mortar approach.

How deep should the house wall be chased to take the flashing? and is the flashing fixed into the chasing with ordinary mortar?
Thanks
Zaplutus

25-30mm deep chase.

secure with lead wedges fist. then either point with sand/cement mortar or run a bead of 'leadmate' sealant along the joint.

it will need to be bone dry and dust free for the leadmate but the wetter the better for the mortar approach.

Spot on! - Really useful and informative reply! Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back