Fixing more gate posts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In addition to my other post, I am going to be fitting 2 no Hampton/cottage style gates (one 6ft long by 3ft 6 high & other 4ft 6 long by 3ft 6 high).

I am going to mount them direct to brick walls using Hook & Strap hinges (900mm straps for longer gate & 600mm for shorter).

Question is....what would be the best fixings to use to mount the hook plates to the walls (taking into consideration the size and possible weight of the gates gates)?

I am awaiting delivery of both gates and hinges so cannot physically see size of hook plate holes etc....so I'm hoping there will many a folk on here all too familiar with said fixings and will be able to recommend what will be needed to hold the weight of the gates.

The house is a new build and the brick is an orange textured one and not too bad to drill into.

Much Thanks in anticipation.

Patrick ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back