fixing my condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I read many articles and although not great at DIY and doing a few things to fix my condensation problem.

I have been getting mould on my upstairs ceiling in two rooms.
In both rooms the mould appears above the window and along one side of the room where the outside wall is.

I removed the insulation about 2 months ago from the eaves and about 1 year ago got a roofer to put 4 air vents in the roof. Two on either side of the loft.

I have just had insulation injected into the walls (was free !) and am also getting new insulation spread in the loft (also free !)

The last thing i will do when the insulation goes in is get vents put in the softfits.

Not sure what the main reason is though, maybe a bit of everything.

Also I am going to put in new UPVC windows to replace my current ones as they have no vents and I have condensation on the windows usually until at least midday.

Am i doing too much ? Am I on the right track. I HATE the mould !!!!
Thanks
G

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you`re on the right track ;) .and leave the trickle vents open in the new windows...........ask on Painting forum when you want to treat the mould +decorate.

gas01 said:
Also I am going to put in new UPVC windows to replace my current ones as they have no vents and I have condensation on the windows usually until at least midday.

Am i doing too much ? Am I on the right track.

I'm afraid draughty windows will stop condensation not the other way round! The open fireplace also help. The problem is we are making the house warmer and the moisture got nowhere to go other than resting on your windows or colder surfaces!

Have a read here to help you to understand condensation and how to overcome it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back