fixing vessel basin to countertop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've bought a basin and a countertop and cupboard underneath. But now need to work out how to secure the vessel type basin to the worktop? any ideas? Also i have to get a unslotted popup waste thats long enough to go through worktop which 38mm. Not sure how to secure and fix everything. Can anyone advise?

Sponsored Links
Mastic the basin down. You'd probably be better off using a click-clack waste than a pop up. Does the tap fix to the basin or the worktop?

I counterbored the waste hole in the counter top using a large hole saw to clear the backnut under the basin, and fitted a second backnut to secure the basin via the waste under the counter top. A bit of silicone sealant under the basin stops it turning.

To do that, you need to cut the counterbore first. Once you've cut the waste hole, there's nothing to support the hole saw pilot to cut the counterbore.

Mastic the basin down. You'd probably be better off using a click-clack waste than a pop up. Does the tap fix to the basin or the worktop?

Thanks dale...

Why would you use a click-clack waste?

The tap fixes to the countertop, i think that should be all straight forward

Sponsored Links
I counterbored the waste hole in the counter top using a large hole saw to clear the backnut under the basin, and fitted a second backnut to secure the basin via the waste under the counter top. A bit of silicone sealant under the basin stops it turning.

To do that, you need to cut the counterbore first. Once you've cut the waste hole, there's nothing to support the hole saw pilot to cut the counterbore.

If i've understood correctly, the second nut must be wider than the hole in the countertop for it to tighten up against. and the first nut is just securing the waste to the basin. Is that correct?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back