FJS-1397W: Does not spin and timer continues to advance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've an old Zanussi washing machine that I'm trying to get working FJS-1397W.

I did a wash cycle, walked away came back when it had finished. Didn't pay much attention as it's outside in the garage.

Found the washing to be wet, thought it could do with a decent spin.. so I selected a long spin...

It sounds like it's doing something, I suspect a drain.. then after a couple of minutes the timer click to the next position in the cycle and then starts to "auto advance" every couple of seconds passed the end of cycle stop and straight onto the next one and keeps going.

At no point does the drum spin, rock, move or even look like it's trying.

Any advice on what to look at first?

Thanks,
Phil.

Sponsored Links
The hybrid timer on this model will advance if it detects a probelm have you checked the motor brushes given the age it would seem highly likely

If the the drive belt is in place check the motor brushes & drain pump.

Sponsored Links
Yes they are standard brushes zanussi/electrolux part no 50226588006 would fit but check that the commutator which is what the brushes rub against isnt excessivley worn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back