Flamingo seals?

Out of interest tonyboy can you tell me why kos will fail on a flue like this, is this not what is used to seal an open flue to the appliance spigot and is the recognised and perfectly acceptable legal method and an open flued boiler can be far more dangerous than a balanced flue boiler.
Or is it a manufacturers excuse to hopefully get more appliance sales

Don't disagree with you but the bottom line is that if the seals are no longer available from the manufacturer ,who only recommends their own seals,and you fit something like Kos and it subsequently fails then you are up **** creek without a paddle if there is an 'incident'.

In any event the boiler is at least 28 year old and is now due for replacement because it is now ID or at best AR.

I would certainly condemn it . The BG guy is doing the OP a favour,IMO.

Regards,

Tony.

i agree with you. why spend money on a 30 year old boiler? it will just turn into a money pit for you in all fairness. i know it sounds harsh but its the best for you in the longrun.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back