Flat Felt Roof starting to crack.

The picture just an example of a pitch roof over the existing flat roof.
ashjack_02.gif

I got away with just building regulations on my flat roof to a hip roof using 20 degree angle as it meets their requirements, if it's bigger or more than 15% volume of your property blah, blah, blah, then you will need planning permission which is straight forward depending on your local Building Control Office.

This is how I did mine which is known as Overlaid Hip with 2 gulleys on each side
overhip.gif

There's many ways of doing pitch roof over flat depending on the layout of your roof. Mono pitch, hip roof etc
monopitch.gif
hipped.gif

Sponsored Links
Masona.. again I say a big thank you for your contribution.

I measured the flat roof and it is 8 metres by 5 metres, now with it being an extension to the rear of the dwelling, the roof starts at 32 inches below the windows of the dwelling. This would only give around 7.5 fall. Which would not be practial.

I have gone back to the original idea and contacted the supplier who recommened the following:-

That the whole roof area to be sealed with Allweather Brush, which takes 24 hours to dry. Then overcoating with Alubit (Silver) x 2 coats, which takes around 1 hour per coat to dry.

So I now intend to order these and hope for the best weather conditions to apply them.

Would I be advised to temp' cover the few cracks with waterproof tape until the weather conditions warm up a little ?

Regards

BobUK

Bob UK said:
I measured the flat roof and it is 8 metres by 5 metres, now with it being an extension to the rear of the dwelling, the roof starts at 32 inches below the windows of the dwelling. This would only give around 7.5 fall. Which would not be practial.
If you want to, stick a photo of the flat roof against your property, we maybe able to tell you what is practical, I haven't been beaten yet. :)
Would I be advised to temp' cover the few cracks with waterproof tape until the weather conditions warm up a little ?
Wouldn't do any harm, you know how it is, a leaking roof over your Christmas dinner ;)

Masona Again many thanks for your hard work'

I would love to post a pic of our flat roof in the morning but 'how' ??

Regards
Bob UK

Sponsored Links
Masona .. Thanks for your information as to my last post. Sorry I posted later that I had hope but due to 'family' Christmas chores I ran late.

Anyway I hope that the 'admin-staff' post my pics of our roof.

Regards

Bob UK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back