Flat roof, 45 degree rafters what hangers do I use?

oly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is flat roof and I've laid out the rafters to match the falls (so the change in fall occurs on the 45 degree diagonal line).

On top of rafters will be the 1:60 firrings, plus a deck of 18mm plywood prior to installation of a warm roof.

The rafters will be fixed using hangers, but how do I deal with the 45 degree ones? Is there a standard angled hanger used for this? Or would it better to dispense with the 45 degree stuff?

Sponsored Links
Can't really see what you are wanting to do on such a small drawing but could you use coach screws instead of hangers?

• Thanks
Reactions: oly
Can't really see what you are wanting to do on such a small drawing but could you use coach screws instead of hangers?

Hi Chippie, you've made me think,

I really don't need to do this, I just can run the flat roof joists at 90 degrees and make the angle adjustments with the firrings above.

this is so the fall changes on the 45 degree.

I can screw in some 45 degree noggins to support the 45 degree cut in the decking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back