Flat Roof Construction

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've had my flat lead bay window roof stolen - I've currently managed to make it whether tight and secure with felt and ply but looking to do a proper job this weekend. I'm trying to establish how you finish the edges of the roof - would anyone have a cross sectional diagram at all?

I've looked on alot of (insulation) manufacturers websites and they have diagrams for the warm deck and where to fix to the wall but not when it comes to the soffits and fascias.

Cheers,

Sponsored Links
Dont bother going down the felt roof way! Go for the EPDM (rubber) roof covering way.

Easier to do and will outlast the felt by a mile.

I will be - the felt was only because it was easy to get just to hold off until the weekend.

But I'm still unsure as to how to finish the edges.....? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Thanks but it's still not clear.

On a warm deck roof, the EPDM is secured to timber that runs behind the fascia....I'm trying to work out what this timber fixes to on the top of the insulation as there is only an 18mm board from what I can see and so nothing substantial to fix to.

The insulation would not go all the way to the roof edge, rather, a timber would run around the perimeter to fix the fascia to. Then you need another timber around the top of the fascia to form the drip to allow the water to run off the roof not down the fascia

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back