flat roof covering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to get a flat roof recovered as it has come to the end of its life; well actually part just needs recovering and part needs both reboarding and recovering. Now I'm not physically able to do this myself, so need to get a firm in. One firm has quoted for 3 layers of felt, while the other is for a single layer of a TPE membrane. I've never heard of TPE, so does anyone have experience of it?

In addition, because of the location of the roof, there would be some traffic over it to clean windows, and rarer traffic to paint some soffit boards on an adjacent gable end to a pitched roof. So is it worth risking using a single membrane in this position?

All thoughts gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
TPE is PVC, and ****. TPO is better, but stick with the felt and get them to bond a walkway strip on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back