Flat Roof Downpipe Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I recently went to replace the carpet in my utility room with lino and when I pulled it up the floor was soaking wet. Anyway to cut a long story short it turns out the downpipe from the guttering from our garage, which has been converted into an extension, runs down the front of the house for about a foot then goes back into the house and all the way through the extension where it drops down the side of the utility room and into what I assume is the drain below the kitchen floor.

I decided this probably wasnt the most sensible thing for it so have got the downpipe rerouted so it drains into the gullies at the front of the house without ever entering the house.

However I am now left with a downpipe in the utlity which one end connects to the rainwater drain and the other no longer is connected to anything, I have checked and there are no other connections into this pipe.

What I would like to know is can I now remove this completely and if so how can I blank off the pipe the 68mm downpipe which would still sit below the floor?

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back