Flat roof insulation?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat roofed dormer window and have discoverd that it is very poorly insulated. Its 75mm deep and i was intending on filling with Celotex foam boards but im not sure if it will be enough. What do others think?

Sponsored Links
It will be better than nothing and a couple of years ago would have complied with the regs so not bad really.

Certainly better than nothing, If im replacing the insulation will I have to comply with current regs? What do current regs state?

You'd need about 110 between and 25 below. So your close with your 75. Well worth doing, really not worth getting Building control involved.

Sponsored Links
OK thanks for the rapid reply, I will fill with 75mm and the consider using some 25mm underneath, but obviously the dormer only covers part of the room so it may look a little odd with a step in the ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back