Flat roof leaking at L joint.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So about 8 months ago we replaced our kitchen extension felt flat roof with a new rubber roof after a small leak developed. Everything was fine, until this morning when 6 damp spots appeared on the kitchen ceiling under where the flashing is that connects the extension to the rest of the house.

I'm going to call the roofer first thing on Monday, does anybody know if this is a simple fix with maybe some sealant or replacement of flashing, or am I for a major problem?
_20190209_170712.JPG

Attachments

• _20190210_114544.JPG
    _20190210_114544.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 236
  • _20190210_114604.JPG
    _20190210_114604.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 244
Sponsored Links
I've uploaded some photos of where I think the problem might be, it looks like the water has got in under the flashing where it joins the rubber roof. I'm not going to try to fix it myself, I'll happily pay somebody!

Sponsored Links
So the roofer was out today, looks like the problem is the render on the house, it's cracked and the rain is getting in through the cracks and seeping down behind the flashing and roof. The roofer will fill the cracks in the render and move the flashing further into the render (if that makes sense). That was the lead was already there from the old felt roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back