flatpack furniture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My flat has a really narrow hallway and door 2'5" wide. I bought a suite of furniture at the weekend we couldn't get it in, bloke in shop was really good and gave me my money back. Delivery driver says never be able to fit anything in but flatpack furniture

Anyone ever bought any flatpack sofas/chairs etc

Sponsored Links
What have you got in there now? we bought a sofa bed from dfs and because we had a awkward door to get through they unscrewed the arms from the sofa to get it in.

i had a flat pack sofa bed..the tubular sort...but it ended up very wobbly!!...could have been my terrible diy skills tho!!

:(

My mum once lived in a house with very tight stairs - she took the bedroom window out to get through it - don't know how high up your flat is but the window might give you a wider opening.

Failing that, get some of those huge bean bags and sit on them!! Oompah asks a very good question though - what have you been sitting on and how did you get it in? If you've just moved in, what about the previous owners?

Sponsored Links
somtimes the only real choice is to remove a window or 2
so carfull planning is required and may mean several months assembling your furniture in a garage or in store then get in the specalist removers who will have the facilitys to remove sutable windows and will also have a hoist for upstairs

I am sitting on deckchair, removing a window not an option as it is at the back of the bulding and the alleyway to backyard also only 2'5"

We looked at removing feet from the suite I bought but it also had a board running round bottom of settee

Have looked at those futons in Ikea but thought looked little unsteady

the reclining chairs and 2 seater setee that my mother bought a few years back came with the backs seperate and were assembled on site by the delivery guys.. so you might look at something like that..

think we could bo onto something there.. start a company that makes flatpack or modular setees..

edit.. bah.. should have clicked the link first.. somone already makes it..... hmmm interesting....

I got mine from SCS.

Why do all the furniture companies abbreviate their names?

DFS
CSL
SCS
IKEA :LOL:

Most UPVC windows - the glass is pretty easy to release from the frame. So provided you have at least one large pane in the room in question, its easy to get big stuff in.

have a look at the new flatpack range from Ikea, its called The "Lesbian". No screwing, its all tounge and groove

like me!!---but i've never heard it b4. I've lived a sheltered life.

Sponsored Links
Back