Flex Plate in Bathroom Zone 2

Sponsored Links
Anyone know of any blank plates with holes in for flex? I could of course just use the current flex cable straight through the outlet to the FCU but wondering if they exist or whether its a buy a blank plate and take a drill to it?

Sponsored Links
Anyone know of any blank plates with holes in for flex? I could of course just use the current flex cable straight through the outlet to the FCU but wondering if they exist or whether its a buy a blank plate and take a drill to it?
Do you mean like (click here for description) like this:
AA20FO.JPG

?
If, on the other hand, you're talking about cable exiting from the side edge of a plate, many blank plates have knockout/cutout provision in the edges. Ones called 'flex outlet plates' also have cable restraints/clamps.

Kind Regards, John

IP rating:
With flex outlet: IP2XD
Without flex outlet: IP4X

Which implies the only thing that stops this fitting being IPX4 is removing the little bung on the bottom. If you sealed around the flex using a small amount of silicone, would that be sufficient to claim compliance with IP4X?

IP rating: ... With flex outlet: IP2XD ... Without flex outlet: IP4X
Which implies the only thing that stops this fitting being IPX4 is removing the little bung on the bottom. If you sealed around the flex using a small amount of silicone, would that be sufficient to claim compliance with IP4X?
You seem to be assuming that IP4X and IPX4 are the same, but that couldn't be further from the truth. IPX4 has a reasonable degree of resistance to water ingress, whilst IP4X does not claim any resistance to water ingress (maybe because it hasn't been tested with water).

It's really a bit silly saying that an enclosure has to be "at least IPX4", since any enclosure has to be at least IP4X on the top surface and at least IP2X on all other surfaces. Hence "at least IPX4" actually requires a minimum of IP24.

Kind Regards, John

Do you mean like (click here for description) like this:
AA20FO.JPG

?
If, on the other hand, you're talking about cable exiting from the side edge of a plate, many blank plates have knockout/cutout provision in the edges. Ones called 'flex outlet plates' also have cable restraints/clamps.

Kind Regards, John

Yeah i have one like this already. Was wondering if there were ones that didn't come with the connections inside like this:

044_1008_CR00_4075_300x300.jpg

And were literally just a piece of plastic with a hole in.

Yeah i have one like this already. Was wondering if there were ones that didn't come with the connections inside like this:
044_1008_CR00_4075_300x300.jpg

And were literally just a piece of plastic with a hole in.
There might be (although I would suspect not), but what's the problem with the bits inside - if they're not needed, you can ignore them, or even remove them, if you want?

Kind Regards, John

On your way, can you call in to my place and take mine in for repair at the same time?

shake%20head.gif

Under the The Community Care (Intellectual Capacity etc) Amendment Regulations 2013 you may not be in possession of more than one defective brain at the same time unless you have a licence.

On your way, can you call in to my place and take mine in for repair at the same time?
Under the The Community Care (Intellectual Capacity etc) Amendment Regulations 2013 you may not be in possession of more than one defective brain at the same time unless you have a licence.
I tried but couldn't find your house. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back