Flexi pipe needed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing a wc and the inlet for the cistern is on the opposite side to the old one. I thought I could isolate the water and cut the pipe back and then connect a flexi pipe to the cistern. But there are so many available I need advice on which one. The pipe already has an isolating valve. I am thinking 15mm x 1/2 .If I am correct the next bit is what 'bore' and what difference does it make. I have seem 10mm and 12mm.
Any advice gratefully listened to.

Sponsored Links
Also....! How tight do you tighten the pan to the cistern, do you keep going until the doughnut is flat?

Just buy a 15mm X 1/2". Inside diameter not important on this job.

Isolate water supply and do job - is a simple one.

Re: the donut I just tighten with a good firm pressure and donut compresses.

Sponsored Links
there is a considerable chance (if it has inlet at the side) that you can move the inlet from one side to the other.

how about a pic of the cistern, with the lid off?

Just to add johnnie,

Be careful when lining up the flexi with the inlet pipe and not to 'over tighten' the flexi onto the pipe. As its a metal fitting (flexi) going onto a plastic fitting (inlet pipe) its quite easy to cross thread if you don't line it up right and/or tear the threads if you over tighten.

Thanks for all the help.It all went ok.No leaks, no over tightened connection.I even used the fairy liquid trick to 'slide' the wc into the connector.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back