Flexi pipe on CH?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a damaged pipe on my CH system, this has occured as i installed new rads last winter that were doubles rather than singles, hence the supply pipe to the rad has to be further from the wall.

There wasn't really enough play in the pipe to do this but i managed, the strain was obviously too much and the LS started to leak. I tried to take it off to replace it and it brought half an inch of pipe with it.

I now need to cut the pipe further down to good metal so that i can put a join in and add some new pipe.

My question is can i use a flexible pipe (say like the ones for taps) to bridge this gap rather that trying to extend the pipe? It is boxed in so i don't really mind how it looks.

The present pipework is 15mm so i would assume that the pipe that is presently connecting my 15mm DHW to the tap would be exactly what i was looking for?

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't risk it. The tap connector flexibles may only be rated for that application - say max 65C. Heating system might be operating at 80C, with long heating periods and various chemical additives and grot in system water.

You could use a bit of plastic pipe (15mm or 10mm - speedfit, Hep2o, etc.) if you want a little flexibility, or even 8mm copper which is easy to bend. Just a matter of working out what adaptors you need to rad valves and copper tubes.

Thanks for that, i thought it sounded too easy!

I'll get down to the merchants tomorrow and see if i can find anything suitable.

It came to mind as i was sure i had seen them being used that way before.

Sponsored Links
Fit a 1/2" Compression tap adaptor to the rad valve

cut the copper to suit,

not pretty tho'.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back