flexible gas pipe?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a utility room in the centre of the house and a garage 20m away. Under the garage is an old generator room that I'm thinking to put my LPG tank in. In order to pipe the tank to the boiler in the utility, I'll need some flexible pipe because the 4" duct laid for services has a 90 degree long radius bend on the house end to bring it up out of the concrete slab. Electricity and water come in elsewhere, but this pipe will probably be used for things like fibre internet, maybe central vac system etc..

So, can anyone recommend a pipe that will be rated for carrying LPG, that will go round the bend by being pushed (rather than needing to be pre-bent like a copper pipe)?

Note, i'm not doing DIY gas, I just want the relevant pipe on site for the gas man to fit/i want to leave it poking out the floor for him when the time comes..

Sponsored Links
You'll be unable to site anything LPG in a basement fella!! Bulk LPG tanks are sited remotely from your property.
HTH

As above, LPG can't legally be stored indoors, either in bulk or in bottles, and certainly can't go below ground level. If there was a leak from the tank, the generator room would fill with gas and the first source of ignition would not only demolish your house, but the ones either side as well. A bulk tank must go in your garden with quite large clearances to buildings and boundaries. External underground ones are available, typically at a charge of around £1000. Bottles can go against the side of your house

Sponsored Links
Ha ha ha, yeah. My brother already built a hot tub in the damn thing, just looking for an excuse to demolish it.

Ok good to know, and there are plenty other places on site I can bury an lpg tank

Flexible pipe query still stands.. What can I use to pipe from the tank (let's say in the garden) to the house and go round a 90 degree long rad **** pipe bend as it comes into the boiler room?

Tank installer will usually supply the pipe to the house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back