Flight AF447

The pilots have headsets on, it's easy to send a message. When I've flown a flight sim, whatever is wrong, and it's going down, there is plenty of time to send a Pan Pan message.

I hardly think having an "incident" on a flight sim game compares really.

Sponsored Links
A lightning strike to the radio antenna, could well have stopped all communications.

Wotan

Hey I'm not throwing ideas up, just theory! I wasn't there!

All I say, in a flight sim, that is recommended by real pilots, that when you lose control, there is plenty of time to broadcast a message.

The accepted order in most flight manuals is aviate, communicate, navigate.

Getting / keeping the aircraft under control is the first priority, communication is next, if radio is inoperable, then this is not possible, navigation would then have to be via GPS.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
As well as changing the design of the pitot, Airbus should incorporate a system in the cockpit to alert the crew to the changes made by the automated systems. Surely this is elementary stuff?

I don't believe computers should ever have full control, total reliance on computers will diminish flying skills, there is nothing more subtle than the human brain, not to have the ability to take control is dangerous.

Wotan

If you saw the replay on a real flight sim, it was chaos. 24 unrelated error messages in 2 mins, you just looked at the the mass of alarms and light and thought wtf .....

Looks like they tackled the stall first which, in the absense of speed data, is what stuffed them.

I don't believe computers should ever have full control, total reliance on computers will diminish flying skills, there is nothing more subtle than the human brain, not to have the ability to take control is dangerous.

Wotan

Well this was another point they made, modern pilots dont get to actually FLY the dam airplanes enough, its all automated. You can take off, switch it onto autopilot and it'll fly and land on its own, so when the automated systems go tits up, they're basically noob pilots, compared to 30 years ago. Very few new pilots have practiced recovering from a flat stall where one wing stalls before the other and it throws the planes sideways wing down.

Losing control of an aircraft in a simulator is a very different experience to losing control of the real thing.

Would you be busy shouting 'help, help!' if your car started sliding after hitting black ice at speed, or would you be busy trying to regain control?

One good reason that the recovery of the cockpit voice recorder is retrieved, is for the interaction of the pilots is heard.

Communications to air traffic control or mayday messages might not have been possible.

Until voice recorder is recovered, what actually happened is just conjecture.

Wotan

If you dropped a black box recorder somewhere over the himalayas and tried to find it after it's beacon had stopped, that would be pretty near impossible. That's without the five thousand feet of water covering the air france one.

Losing control of an aircraft in a simulator is a very different experience to losing control of the real thing. Would you be busy shouting 'help, help!' if your car started sliding after hitting black ice at speed, or would you be busy trying to regain control?

Retain control of anal sphincter would be priority. :p

Why keep quoting me? I don't know any more than anybody else! Surely the bodies they recovered, they might make sense of, ie did they drown?

Have I more experience regarding this? No. So why quote me? Work out your own solutions. Post your own theories. Are you that inane that you can't form a theory? But you have to dissasemble mine? It's just a THEORY..

Mickymoody are you refereing to me?

If you would care to re-read my posts, I have no theories either, and have said on more than one occasion that without the necessary evidence
what happened to flight AF447 is, and will remain conjecture.
I have not attempted to disassemble anyones theories.
Aviate, communicate, navigate, is not a theory, it's common sense. :confused:

Wotan

No I wasn't specifically referring to you personally. I agree with what you have said in the main. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back