flipping leaky radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've done something wrong as i've got the same leak on the 2 rads i've just fitted ! :rolleyes:

The 2 rads have Bulldog thermo valves and the leak on both is where the 1/2 tail screws into the rad itself. I've put ptfe tape around it a you should but both weep slightly . It's the first time i've fitted rads and valves and tbh i was a little supprised how far in the tail went before it sarted to tighten up

Is it just bad luck and a little more tape required or am i missing something ?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
However many wraps it takes to seal it up before the whole tail disappears off inside the rad.

It is pot luck on the manufacturing tolerances as to how far the fitting runs into the rad before it tightens up.

Sometimes the threads are so poorly finished they will completely shred the tape as you screw the thing together.

Last one I had that was a particularly loose fit in the rad. I resorted to hemp and boss white.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back