float valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am working on a project for a boarding school in a developing country in the Pacific. I am trying to install a simple washboard type aerator above a tank (to try to reduce H2S smell). The water will be pumped into the aerator, flow through the aerator as through a waterfall, then enter the tank. I want to put a float valve in the tank to stop the pump when the tank is full. However the inflow will be into the aerator, which will be about 1.2m above the tank and will be a separate unit. I do not have any power available (the pump is about a km away so I cannot use its power source). Any suggestions you may have as to the float situation will be most gratefully received!!

Sponsored Links
This post should be relocated in the plumbing forum.

However, you will have to provide more information, and if possible, a section diagram of your proposed arrangement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back