Flooding

I wish this global warming would come to Manchester, it's bloody freezing.

everyone should be driving 4x4 4.4 petrols.

Brrrrrr

Sponsored Links
I wish this global warming would come to Manchester, it's bloody freezing.

everyone should be driving 4x4 4.4 petrols.

Brrrrrr
Ah, but it's not 'global warming' now, is it? To cover their backs for all eventualities, they re-named it 'climate change'.

Ok, I wish the climate would change for the warmer as its bloody freezing.

Everyone should drive 4.4l, 4x4 Chelsea tractors.
;)

Sponsored Links
Ah, but it's not 'global warming' now, is it? To cover their backs for all eventualities, they re-named it 'climate change'.

Interesting
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/12/08/3729435/schwarzenegger-fed-up-with-climate-deniers/
"There are two doors. Behind Door Number One is a completely sealed room, with a regular, gasoline-fueled car. Behind Door Number Two is an identical, completely sealed room, with an electric car. Both engines are running full blast. I want you to pick a door to open, and enter the room and shut the door behind you. You have to stay in the room you choose for one hour. You cannot turn off the engine. You do not get a gas mask."

I'm surprised that a man who used to be a Terminator appears to be unaware of how electricity is created!

I am not against helping those who need help.
I am against additions or levy to my costs due to other's misfortune, on a 'forever' basis, that is surely a tax, isn't it ?
I mean none of them will offer some cash back when they sell and move on.

Govn' said Insurance companies can load all policies to pay for damage.

Somerset, someone said. Well, the wails of disaster disappeared rather quickly.
'Flood wreaked £400,000 damage – but the insurance only went up £5
There you go.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...5179/Flood-Re-a-needlessly-expensive-tax.html
No wonder they are laughing FFS !!

-0-

We pay a lot more in tax to cover the mistakes of our incompetent governments than we do for house buyers. Not all the flooded houses are noseall type new builds on flood plains.

Interesting
http://thinkprogress.org/climate/2015/12/08/3729435/schwarzenegger-fed-up-with-climate-deniers/
"There are two doors. Behind Door Number One is a completely sealed room, with a regular, gasoline-fueled car. Behind Door Number Two is an identical, completely sealed room, with an electric car. Both engines are running full blast. I want you to pick a door to open, and enter the room and shut the door behind you. You have to stay in the room you choose for one hour. You cannot turn off the engine. You do not get a gas mask."

I'm surprised that a man who used to be a Terminator appears to be unaware of how electricity is created!
Well that's gone straight over your head
Perhaps I misunderstood.
I thought that Schwarzenegger was suggesting that this hypothetical 'global warming/climate change' was caused (or perhaps contributed to) by such things as car exhausts, whereas electric cars are completely innocuous and should replace all other modes of transport if the earth is not to die(!).
I was pointing out that the majority of electrical power is generated by the burning of fossil fuels.

^^^^^^
I suppose the argument put forward by the supporters of climate change is that by using fossil fuel vehicles one is causing more of a problem whereas Electric cars play a Small part in the saving of the environment, just the making of cars is a large contributory factor,

Interesting

Well that's gone straight over your head
Perhaps I misunderstood.
I thought that Schwarzenegger was suggesting that this hypothetical 'global warming/climate change' was caused (or perhaps contributed to) by such things as car exhausts, whereas electric cars are completely innocuous and should replace all other modes of transport if the earth is not to die(!).
I was pointing out that the majority of electrical power is generated by the burning of fossil fuels.
You are of course correct about where electricity comes from and I'm pretty sure Schwarzenegger does too but I think the analogy that he was making takes each room as the earths atmosphere and the engines as our activity , i.e. either one that pumps out a lot of pollution or one that produces very little .
Still have no worries deniers of the world ....
https://conflictresolutionpro.wordp...pedo-and-agreement-and-come-out-looking-good/

by the supporters of climate change
there are not many people who speak or act to promote climate change.

AFAIK it is mostly the Saudis, whose wealth depends on pumping large amounts of oil, and right-wing Republicans in the US who for some reason have it as an article of faith that they must deny climate change and promote fossil fuel pollution.

In my view, it doesn't matter how many fossil-fuelled power stations are closed down, how many petrol- or diesel-fuelled cars are banned, or how many of those beautiful windmills are constructed, 'climate change' will continue to take place...

... as it has for millions of years.
And I expect that, in time, many eco-warriors are going to be very disappointed.

Sponsored Links
Back