Floor Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i'm in the process of renovating my kitchen at the moment. the other day i took up the laminate flooring that had previously been laid as i wanted to put down some cushion floor in its place.

when i took up the laminate i discovered a problem. there area couple of places where the concrete is quite bumpy and uneven. i need to even it out before u i can lay the new floor as any bumps show.

i had thought about just covering the whole floor in ply wood, but have been told there could be issues with damp if i put the ply ontop of concrete. would i need to put some kind of damp membraine down first? or does anyone have a better solution.

thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
There must be a dpm under the floor scree.

You could use a levelling compound (see 1st few sticky posts at head of forum section).

The plywood method would work, however how would you fix it ? A glue system + plywood would be more expensive than a levelling compound.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back