Floor Layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

We are soon to embark on a double story house extension, and would be extremely grateful for some feedback on what design/floor layout others would have if they did the same extension.

FYI - this is a detached house and are struggling to decide on the 1st floor layout. I have uploaded a image, the yellow lines are the new extension. I realise that a lot more info is needed like supporting walls etc. Currently there is only 1 toilet in the house (labelled) which will be removed. We would like the new soil pipe to either be at the back or at the left hand side of the building.

What we will like to include in this space is 2 futher bedrooms (5 in total). The existing bathroom is does have just about enough space for a toilet. We would like 3 (2 minimum) en suites to any of the larger bedrooms.

How would you design this?

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
to be honest, a good set of drawings would be good, the one you provided isnt scaled and therfore we cant see the proportions etc..

have you employed an architect/technician/surveyor?

Sorry do not have architectural drawings as off yet, am currently trying to choose one.

What I am would like to find out how people will layout if they have the choice, in order to know and help guide whch way i would like the architectural drawings to be done.

The yellow line is the new extension.

Sponsored Links
Can't do it without some rough plans at least. If you are going to employ someone (a technician I hope don't bother with an architect) then they should come up with a good layout anyway.

We can all see you drawing.

But as has now been mentioned three times your drawing is not to scale or at least there is something odd going on with parts of it. For instance what is happening with that stair and you infer that the width of the proposed is 9000mm yet the depth is only 3300 so there’s something fishy going on with the proportions. Or not, who knows!

As mentioned if you want some useful feedback provide two (to scale) plans, one showing the existing layout and one proposed showing the outline you propose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back