Floor leveller, Non latex, quick setting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best non latex floor leveller to use on a concrete floor? Needs to be quick setting and suitable to paint afterwards as this will be the final finish. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Epoxy self-smoothing floor screed. It is used on commercial jobs, is very durable and can be self-coloured as opposed to overpainting (which will be nowhere near as durable). Here is a floor being covered with one make together with some examples:

Note that for floors done with resin it has to be dammed off where there is a change in flooring (e.g, a junction with carpet, top of stairs, etc) as it will run over the edges, all holes in the floor will need to be filled and should be fairly joint free (sheet material as opposed to timber planks, with mimimal patches, all metal such as screws and nails thoroughly punched under and filled with a compatible epoxy filler and all sharp arrisses sanded off) and any given area must be laid in a single session. NO system I've ever seen used is truly "fast setting" (and I reckon a 1 hour epoxy would be very prone to crazing or trapped air bubbles/solvent). The fastest seem to be 3 to 4 hours (seen these used on night shop fits where a 4 to 6 hour window is the most you'll ever get), but most I've seen seem to be 6 to 12 hours before you can walk on them (liught foor traffic) and 24 to 48 hours until full strength. A further warning - this stuff is very strong smelling so forced ventilation is a must

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Just added a couple of other items to my original post - based on the prep work the joiners needed to do on one job before we handed it over to the epoxy lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back