Floor levelling help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys newbie here after some advice.

We've just knocked through and internal wall to open up our kitchen and dining room. The wall was supporting so not a simple stud wall. Thing is the 2 floors aren't level. What's the best way to level the floors off, self levelling compound? The new room is now 5.4 x 2.7. If self levelling compound is the way to go how easy is it to use? I'm not the best at DIY but I'm fortunate enough to have a father and father in law who are.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
I`m afraid you have not given enough info.....

whats the height difference?

what is the eventual flooring going to be?

are both rooms concrete?

do they both have a DPM?

etc

etc

Height difference is quite a bit at the mo, that's only due to the lip where the wall used to be so I intend to get rid of that this weekend. After that I think it will be out by 5-6mm. Yes both floors are concrete however both are still covered in that old black glue from the old tiles. Sorry not sure what dpm is?? I've got somebody coming round tomorrow to quote levelling the floor. We plan to have vinyl as the covering.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Circa 1970. Been quoted £380 to have it levelled and vinyl fitted by a local company, I don't think that's too bad carpet right wanted £300 just to fit the vinyl.

Did they do a moisture test and say its ok?
Done houses don't have a dpm under the subfloor so best to have a damp test done if your unsure.

We've had some French doors fitted ad where we've had the wall taken out you can see some sort of membrane but will ask the to test.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back