Floor Tile Cement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys I have one damaged floor tile to replace its on to a concrete floor and was wondering can I use floor tile cement for fixing on to wooden floors? Or would i have to go out and get some cement for fixing to concrete floors?

Sponsored Links
Hi guys I have one damaged floor tile to replace its on to a concrete floor and was wondering can I use floor tile cement for fixing on to wooden floors? Or would i have to go out and get some cement for fixing to concrete floors?

your question puzzles me, you ask about using floor tile adhesive on "wooden floors" than state if not you will buy some for concrete floors.

If you are tiling onto wood, you will need flexible adhesive, if you are tiling onto concrete and ordinary powdered adhesive will do

your question puzzles me, you ask about using floor tile adhesive on "wooden floors" than state if not you will buy some for concrete floors.

If you are tiling onto wood, you will need flexible adhesive, if you are tiling onto concrete and ordinary powdered adhesive will do

Sorry if i did not sound too clear I have to replace a broken tile onto a concrete floor, but only have adhesive to fix onto a wooden floor and was wondering could I get away using that. Or would i have to go out and buy a bag of adhesive for fixing to concrete floors?

Your best bet would be to look on the tin. It'll say if the adhesive is Ok to use on concrete. If it doesn't - take the hint!!

On the whole though you'll probably find that it'll do the job - may even be a bit of overkill as the flexibel adhesive is likely a better quality than a normal floor adhesive.

The only downside would be the potential for movement. The is a (very??) small chance that the new tile would move and the grout may crack due to the lack of movement in the surrounding tiles. But, I've got so say, that isn't something that I find unlikely and probably not worth considering.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Paul Eamonn

Sponsored Links
just use what u got ..wooden/conctrete...just check the grouting times and you will be fine bud. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back