Floor Tiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,
Just some advice on floor tiling. Im about to fit my new kitchen and after wall tiles are completed the last job is the floor tiles. My question is ,do i tile under the kick-boards or just to the edge of them and similarly the ends of the base cabinets.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Personally I prefer it if you tile all the way underneath the base cabinets, otherwise it is hard to get dishwashers/washing machine etc in and out from under the cabinets if there is a tile in the way. Also if water gets spilt down behind a cabinet and there are no tile it will soak into the floor (only a problem I suppose if you have wood subfloor). Also the kickboards/plinth might not fit if the base cabinets are not on tiles.

On the other hand it is cheaper and quicker to only tile what you can see. Choice is yours I guess!

I normally tile under plinth but not under cup except where floor standing white goods are to sit.Though if tiles are very expensive the white goods can sit on ply of the same thickness to save money.

Sponsored Links
take kickboards of tile under then plane them down to suit.
as for end base units cut tiles around with wet saw.

better looking this way and easy access if needed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back